Rediscover Rhetoric. Inspire Confidence.
Effective communication is a vital tool in almost every area of life, from learning in school, to creating friendships, to building a career. Public speaking remains the number one fear in the United States. At Rose Debate Institute, we believe that practicing effective communication deserves as much investment as any activity.
In a public speaking program, students will have fun:
- Growing in confidence.
- Practicing peer-to-peer communication and the art of conversation.
- Thinking critically and speaking persuasively.
- Studying speech writing and the practice of rhetoric.
Our public speaking programs are offered for grades 4-12, with each group arranged by age and experience level. We emphasize frequent practice and personalized feedback, with an average student to teacher ratio of 1:8.
Think. Speak. Win.
Today, critical thinking and effective debating skills are more essential than ever before. At Rose Debate, we have developed techniques and content to foster these skills in our students, sharpening their minds and bolstering their confidence in communication.
In a debate program, students will enjoy:
- Learning principles of debate theory, research, and effective argumentation.
- Practicing persuasive rhetoric with organization and signposting.
- Competing in practice debate rounds with live feedback.
- Achieving mastery over one or more of the following debate formats: Panel, Public Forum, Team Policy, and Parliamentary.
Our debate programs are offered for grades 4-12, with each group arranged by age and experience level. For more experienced debaters, we delve into topics concerning current events, helping our students apply principles of debate to their lives. We hold frequent practice debates and give personalized feedback, with an average student to teacher ratio of 1:8.
Train with the best to become the best.
For students who are interested in competing in speech and debate, we host our competitive speech clubs. We train our students in a variety of competitive speech events and provide a platform and constructive feedback to hone their skills in unique ways and receive recognition for their accomplishments.
In our competitive speech program, students will have fun:
- Learn the ins and outs of effective interpretive speaking, including Humorous, Dramatic, and Duo Interp
- Research effectively and think critically for limited prep events such as Extemporaneous Speaking and Impromptu
- Compete in a tournament at the end of the program.
Competitive Speech is available for grades 7 and up. We emphasize live feedback and personal mentorship, with an average student to teacher ratio of 1:8.
Prepare for success.
More than ten years ago, two high school debate champions started a single summer debate program in their living room, hoping to share their skills with other students. Today, Rose Debate works with thousands of students and dozens of partners. At Rose Debate Institute, we believe in each student’s potential to do big things, and we want to assist in their professional development by sharing skills of teamwork, entrepreneurship, and business management.
In our Business Leadership Program, students will have a blast:
- Learning essential tools and virtues of the Ideal Team Player.
- Practicing building resumes, elevator pitches, professional emails, and product presentations.
- Building ingenuity and entrepreneurship with a Shark Tank Competition.
Business Leadership is offered for grades 7 and up. Our program is project and presentation based, with a myriad of opportunities to develop their newly acquired skills. We emphasize frequent practice and personalized feedback, with an average student to teacher ratio of 1:8.