TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS:
Any and all information or services provided by Rose Debate Institute (RDI) are subject to the following Terms & Conditions (T&C). RDI reserves the right to update the T&C at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the T&C can be reviewed by clicking on the “Terms and Conditions” link on our website. If you would like a copy of our T&C in an alternate format, please contact our office.
GENERAL POLICIES & INFORMATION:
Rose Debate Institute (RDI) is open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, or grade.
- The prices and dates for the program hereunder are subject to change.
- Late and walk up registrations are subject to a late fee assessment.
- Staff & Schedules are subject to change.
- RDI may refuse admittance if the applicable fees have not been paid.
- Parent/Guardians are responsible for any and all medical bills.
LATE PICKUP POLICY:
- For in-person programs, parents should pick up their students immediately after the dismissal time. Parents who pick up their students more than 15 minutes after the end time of a class will be subject to a fee of $30 for each hour after the class the student remains.
Participant and Legal Guardian thereof, grant Rose Debate Institute (RDI) permission to use, exhibit, and/or distribute the Participant’s likeness for educational uses, marketing, and other purposes of their choosing, via video, print media, audio formats, delivery on the RDI website, and any other medium, in whole or in part, without restriction or limitation, for any purpose which RDI deems appropriate.
In consideration of the opportunity to appear in these productions, Participant and Legal Guardian hereby irrevocably grant RDI the following:
- Total ownership of the program(s) produced using the Participant’s likeness including the right to edit the program, cablecast or broadcast the program, copyright the program, publish sell and republish the same intact or in part, in any medium now or hereafter known and the right to license or authorize others to use these rights, without compensation, for an unspecified number of years.
- The right to use the Participant’s likeness, voice, and other materials supplied by the Participant in promotional and informational materials about the program(s).
- Participant and Legal Guardian hereby warrant and represent, that Participant and Legal Guardian have the full right to enter into this agreement, that Participant and Legal Guardian are authorized to grant RDI all the rights set forth herein and that the consent of no other party is necessary to enable Rose Debate Institute to use the Participant’s appearance as herein stated. Any or all the rights herein may be exercised by Participant and Legal Guardian, our successors, licensees, and assignees.
- Participant and Legal Guardian hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless RDI, their officers, officials, agents, employees, sponsors and advertisers from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages arising from the use of the Participant’s appearance and/or the materials or information provided by Participant or Legal Guardian.
- Participant and Legal Guardian have both read this Release, and understand that by submitting the RDI application and/or signing the RDI Medical Release Form, we are agreeing to all the terms contained herein.
- Rose Debate Institute (RDI) owns all proprietary rights in and to copyrightable and/or copyrighted works by the Participant produced with RDI not limited to audio/video recordings, stories, and writings, hereinafter collectively known as the “Work”, and has the exclusive right to license to others the right to produce, copy, make, sublicense or sell the Work.
With the submission of any application, you agree to the following:
- All registrations include a non-refundable $50 deposit.
- In order to officially cancel your application, you must contact Rose Debate Institute with the express wish by email (The email’s date and timestamp is the date RDI will consider as the date of receipt. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected emails).
- All cancellation requests must be received within two weeks after the start date of the program for which the application is filed.